Thursday, October 06, 2005

Charlie Brown Cloud

So the Charlie Brown cloud is following me...I took my son to the dentist today. He was so excited, it's time for braces. For some reason he thinks these things are part of a fashion statement or something. Anyways we get there and they say it'll be about an hour. So, I told him I have to go across the street to the bank (oh, did I mention I had identity theft happen to me in the last week and have to wait until I get a new bank card before I can get money from an atm, yeah) Well, no sooner do I get to the bank and get back (maybe,10 minutes) and I see fire trucks in front of the dentist office and see my son outside with one of the assistants. Apparently there was a bit of a gas leak and when they went to melt some wax for a mold it caused a fire to burst out. Luckily it was nothing serious and THANK GOD my son is okay. Needless to see, we now have to reschedule that appointment.



I mean, seriously, wtf? Why doesn't that damn cloud leave me alone? When do I get to see the flowers bloom from all this rain I've had? WHERE THE HELL IS MY RAINBOW???

Okay I'm done bitching. For now.

On a happy note- my son is happy that he can eat 100grand candy bar. He knows when he gets braces those types of things will be hard to eat. So he asked can he have one today and even though I don't let my kids eat much candy, he deserved one today.

My daughter turned 5 a couple of days ago and now feels as if she's the grown up in the house. It's almost entertaining to watch her order everybody around. I know I need to put my foot down quickly to this but she's so damn cute.




My leg is bothering me a lot today mixed in with some sciatica pain as well. However, I feel stronger emotionally today so I'm trying to not let it get me down. I went and visited my friend Kim yesterday, whom I haven't really seen since the accident. It was nice to sit and catch up and try and get my mind off how I was feeling. I forgot how much I enjoyed her company until I went to see her yesterday. I talk to my friend Jennifer everyday but nothing is like getting away and sitting and visiting. Well, hubby comes home tonight for the weekend ~~~Woohoo. So, I better get going.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Comments:
Sounds like a pretty interesting day. Hang in there Mel, your rainbow's going to come when you least expect it.
 
Sciatica pain is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.
So is feeling like the cloud won't go away.

I have a hankering for a 100grand candy bar and will probably be thinking about it all day. How cute is your son?!!!?!!!

~Deb
 
wow how scary must that have been! Maybe you'll wake up with a rainbow tomorrow.
 
What a crappy day. :( The little one sounds adorable! I'm glad your son wasn't hurt! How scary! Here's to hoping you have a much better weekend!
Lois Lane
 
I am SO sorry to hear about your identity theft! My mom had that happen to her as well. I always crack jokes, as I have crappy credit.." who would WANT to to take my identity? " LOL That is crazy about the fire at your son's dentist's office!! So glad that he is ok though! IT is cute when kids are bossy when they are young..not so cute when they are older though !HAHA!!!

Hope that you havea great weekend!

Love,
Sarah

BTW, thank you for the lovely comment on my blog...what an earth angel you are! You've got a friend in me too :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?